Skip to main content

Adoption Stories

As a little gift from my hubby, the 1st day home from the hospital with our new born, Allen enrolled us in the expanded cable. Up until now we had 15 channels and that was fine with me. However, I have grown to enjoy more options as I'm spending a lot in the rocking chair nursing at all hours of the day and night. I enjoy the HGTV channel and have found renewed inspiration for working on our own old house. But even more so the kids and I enjoy the channel that shows the baby stories, large families and adoption stories. Maybe it's hormones I'm still wading my way through, but I always end up crying as I watch these touching documentaries.

Here are these little babies, so innocent, so helpless, so in need of someone to hold them close, to take care of them, to love them, to sing to them, to read to them, to just rock and cuddle them. And then their are the couples that want children and can't or just have a pressing on their hearts to take in these little ones. The couples that cannot have children of their own that are finally paired with their own little blessing after sometimes years of struggles just touch me so. It has always been so easy for us to become pregnant, I can't even imagine the emptiness in some of their hearts. Longing to know the joy of little ones in their home. They choose those children, they choose to open their homes knowing that they would be hurt and disappointed by these kids at sometime in life and yet willing to love them unconditionally.

So to it is with us and our Heavenly Father. He choose us and His son paid the price. He has a longing in His heart to love us and care for us, we let Him down, hurt Him and yet He loves us unconditionally in return. This week is the Holy Week. Let us all be aware of that high price His own son paid to adopt us.

Comments

It sure is amazing to be adopted as Children of the living God.

I've tagged you for a thinking blogger award! Thanks for always making me think!

Take care,
Amy
Full of Grace said…
Hi, my name is Elizabeth, and I hope you don't mind that I stopped over to visit your blog. I really like the way you write about your family and thoughts on "important stuff". We are sort of like the ones that you were speaking about in this post. I have 2 children that are dear to my heart, but not of my blood (they are my stepchildren, HOWEVER, I never call them that, and we have all lived together as a family 24-7 since my husband and I got married) I have had 3 miscarriages, one daughter born and died at 20w, and one biological gift from God that will be turning 2 this month.

Thank you so much for the reminder about the truly, real reason for Easter, and the Great Sacrifice our Heavenly Father made by sacrificing his son to adopt us!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Highway Horror

We were on our way back to college after a fun weekend trip to a friends home. The windows were down to allow at least the breeze in since it was scorching hot outside and this car had no air-conditioning, in fact, we were lucky it ran at all. And with the windows down, we actually had a nice cross breeze with the holes in the floor board.We were singing to whatever song we could find on the stations in the middle of Kansas on some little mostly unknown highway. It was the quickest route between Manhattan and Wichita. There are many things in life to fear and many things to fear in the flat lands . I had been in Wichita on two separate occasions when there were tornadoes , but this threat was even worse. On a long stretch of quiet highway we enjoyed the beautiful sights of the pastures and sky. There were several tractors working in the fields and mowing in the ditches. Up ahead of us, there was something covering the entire road for as far as we could see. As we neared, it lo

Devotion for Baby Shower

I am so sad to miss out on this opportunity to get to celebrate LeAnne and the gift of this baby boy. I was asked to share a devotional and while honored, I also know my wisdom and experience pales in comparison to many ladies that are in LeAnne's life. Especially the example of her mom Judy. I am so thankful for their close relationship and friendship and the instruction that her parents and Josh's parents give to them to seek after the Lord. The is no greater accomplishment. My own parenting has been a constant learning process and with each new child I realize how little I only thought I knew. I pray for less of me and my weaknesses so that HE can fill and lead our family. Devotional: Live Fully in the moment. While it is easy to love a sleeping, snuggling, cooing baby. Kisses on warm fuzzy heads & velvet skin. Chubby little fingers, toes and thighs. That breathtaking love so deep that our hearts hurt as they sigh and find utter fulfillment resting on our chests.

Teen Driver

My blood pressure is surely thru the roof!  We have a new teen driver.  An overly confident boy who has been, "driving for years." I reminded him that while he is doing a fantastic job the majority of the time, the lawn mower and the occasional farm truck during hay season does not a professional driver make.   I ran errands with him today for almost 2 hours.  And while I never let out a screen or grabbed the "oh crap!" bar, I can confidently say that my nerves can only handle the 1st hour.