Skip to main content

In My Spare Time I like to Sleep

I am way too busy to be blogging tonight. But here I am in my little comforter zone of order when the world is not. I think I'm addicted to busyness. I thrive on the challenge of getting more done. I know everyone is just as busy as me if not more so. I'm not complaining or looking for sympathy. Just thinking in the form of writing. So the next 6 weeks schedule?

This week I'm cleaning from 5-7am each morning the Dr's offices.
Library Story hour-Thursdays
Park Day - Fridays
Family Game or movie night on Friday nights
Lowe's Clinic-Saturday
Saturday Sundown Feast and Festivities every Saturday night
Easter brunch at church
Easter lunch at families Sunday
Weight loss class each Monday night at 5
Financial Peace Class each Monday night at 6:30
Host on online book/bible study each Monday night (we have over 80 ladies now, exciting)
Church on Wednesday nights
Friend's Arbonne party next Thursday
Mothering Matters (mops) every other Friday
Nature Notebook class
Always the temptation to hit the yard sales Friday mornings
Taking a new mom a meal
My open house for being a new Stampin UP! demonstrator (story to follow soon...exciting!)
The kids have an Education Fair and the 3 oldest are participating
Makensie's (Hanna Montana) bday party
Teaching the high school home school girls color draping and how to dress your body for individual personality and fit. Love doing this, and trust me I'm a better coach than a player.
Answers in Genesis seminar
Homeschool groups Spring Party
Homeschool curriculum Fair, as if I'm not confused enough by all the options.
Taxes are due, which mean I have to start them.
Youth writing contest deadline
Going out of town to help host a baby shower for my baby sister, she's all grown up now.
Making cards for the baby shower
The girls are each writing a book, have book assembly night
Our Dogwood Arts and Crafts festival and I have a booth to sell some of my windows and cards.
I need to paint some windows and make some cards 1st. Wouldn''t it be funny if I only had one of each? lol. That would probably scare some people, they would think I was crazy. Maybe I should wear my thong bikini too (remember I'm a heavy girl) and run around sometimes acting like I'm being chased by bees and tell passerbyers that all the rest of my inventory is invisible. I think this will also help me to win the case of insanity that I'm sure I'll need to take advantage of some day.
Young Authors Books presentation reception
Friends birthday, girls night out. I'll just say by this point in the game, I hate to be a bad friend, but don't count on me as the designated driver, I'll probably be starting the blender for breakfast.
Kindergarten graduation (yes Gabby is in 1st, but she didn't get to do the graduation last year and wants to, so...ya...that's part of homeschooling...choices, what can I say. Other than she's not going to be happy having to wear Makensie's blue robe when everyone got to pick their own colors this year and she finds out she could have picked hot pink or lime green.)
Rocky Branch School Field Trip to have a day of school in a one room school house.

This is all in addition to my already somewhat full daily schedule. Which I'll also post on. I have a lot of things that I want to write about. I have a huge list of mindless things I want to journal on. If I can just make it through the next 6 weeks I think things will slow down and we can breathe. Until then, bring on the Pepsi Max and coffee. And if a bourbon and gin street pedler wants to stop by, I'd probably be ok with that too.

Comments

Full of Grace said…
Are you for real? WHEW! Just reading that list left me exhausted. You reminded me of my mother- from the sounds of it, neither of you ever stop! I hope you have a chance to take a breather now and again :)
Stacy said…
Spare time... uh-huh.
I think I need an excedrin after just reading all that! :p
Shan said…
It's a relief to see those other comments because I first laughed at your long list with descriptives. But, then I kinda wanted to cry. ;) I thrive on open schedules. Bahha

Popular posts from this blog

Highway Horror

We were on our way back to college after a fun weekend trip to a friends home. The windows were down to allow at least the breeze in since it was scorching hot outside and this car had no air-conditioning, in fact, we were lucky it ran at all. And with the windows down, we actually had a nice cross breeze with the holes in the floor board.We were singing to whatever song we could find on the stations in the middle of Kansas on some little mostly unknown highway. It was the quickest route between Manhattan and Wichita. There are many things in life to fear and many things to fear in the flat lands . I had been in Wichita on two separate occasions when there were tornadoes , but this threat was even worse. On a long stretch of quiet highway we enjoyed the beautiful sights of the pastures and sky. There were several tractors working in the fields and mowing in the ditches. Up ahead of us, there was something covering the entire road for as far as we could see. As we neared, it lo

Devotion for Baby Shower

I am so sad to miss out on this opportunity to get to celebrate LeAnne and the gift of this baby boy. I was asked to share a devotional and while honored, I also know my wisdom and experience pales in comparison to many ladies that are in LeAnne's life. Especially the example of her mom Judy. I am so thankful for their close relationship and friendship and the instruction that her parents and Josh's parents give to them to seek after the Lord. The is no greater accomplishment. My own parenting has been a constant learning process and with each new child I realize how little I only thought I knew. I pray for less of me and my weaknesses so that HE can fill and lead our family. Devotional: Live Fully in the moment. While it is easy to love a sleeping, snuggling, cooing baby. Kisses on warm fuzzy heads & velvet skin. Chubby little fingers, toes and thighs. That breathtaking love so deep that our hearts hurt as they sigh and find utter fulfillment resting on our chests.

Pray without Ceasing

How can we pray without ceasing? "Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, KJV). The Greek word "without ceasing" means continuous action. Just as soldiers have radio transmissions built into their helmets to hear their commanding officer at all times, prayer is our way of hearing our leading Savior. It’s a heart attitude, expressed throughout the day in silent prayers of communication with the Lord. It’s being willing to be inline with Him so that when He prompts us we respond. It’s before our feet hit the floor, at meal times, the last words of the day, while driving, changing diapers, washing dishes and piles of laundry, weeding, picking up toys. It doesn’t replace our alone time, but adds to it. I have justified to myself that I have been too busy to be consistent with my quiet time.  But yet, it really is my own lack of self discipline a