Skip to main content

This little light of mine

Sometimes I think that God is surely angry with me, with my faults, with my failures, with my bad decisions. I have to grab those lies quickly and replace them with the truth. The truth is Grace is God's attitude towards us. He does for me what I do not deserve. He does in me what I cannot do in myself. He takes sides with me when He should be standing against me. Do I stand with my husband at the times when in wordly eyes I have every right to stand against him?

Christ's entire life was one of humble submission to the Lord. He could have had a magnificent temple, made of gold and filled with servants. However born in a stable, living as a traveling missionary, He voiced no complaints of His wants or have nots. Yet, how far too often have my own words and actions been lacking in submission to Him and to my husband? How many times have I lost my joy by comparison of what else is out there that I would like to have?

Reading through the Law books in the Bible is not light reading and often times requires a lot of extra research to even know what I'm reading and why it is there. There were a lot of laws in the beginning. There was no Christ with which to receive grace and salvation. Another reason for the laws was to help bring sin to light. How could anyone know they were doing something wrong unless they were instructed that it was wrong? The more we know of God the more we notice our sins. The old saying "ignorance is bliss" could also be "ignorance is death".

Before reading Created to Be His Help Meet, and actually in all honesty, before I was married, I was a much better wife. I say this book is hard to read and not a feel good book, because it shines light on my sins as a wife.

All of Jesus' dealings with sinners was done with grace in His actions and words. How often have my own words and actions been lacking in grace when I'm dealing with the sinners in my own home? A wise friend once told me, we can write it off as a bad mood, but if you had company would you treat them the same way then try to justify it as a bad day?

Thank you Lord for Your Word, Your convictions on our hearts, for shining the light so brightly on our sins that they cannot be hidden in our hearts once we know You, thank you for your examples and instructions on how to live our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highway Horror

We were on our way back to college after a fun weekend trip to a friends home. The windows were down to allow at least the breeze in since it was scorching hot outside and this car had no air-conditioning, in fact, we were lucky it ran at all. And with the windows down, we actually had a nice cross breeze with the holes in the floor board.We were singing to whatever song we could find on the stations in the middle of Kansas on some little mostly unknown highway. It was the quickest route between Manhattan and Wichita. There are many things in life to fear and many things to fear in the flat lands . I had been in Wichita on two separate occasions when there were tornadoes , but this threat was even worse. On a long stretch of quiet highway we enjoyed the beautiful sights of the pastures and sky. There were several tractors working in the fields and mowing in the ditches. Up ahead of us, there was something covering the entire road for as far as we could see. As we neared, it lo

Devotion for Baby Shower

I am so sad to miss out on this opportunity to get to celebrate LeAnne and the gift of this baby boy. I was asked to share a devotional and while honored, I also know my wisdom and experience pales in comparison to many ladies that are in LeAnne's life. Especially the example of her mom Judy. I am so thankful for their close relationship and friendship and the instruction that her parents and Josh's parents give to them to seek after the Lord. The is no greater accomplishment. My own parenting has been a constant learning process and with each new child I realize how little I only thought I knew. I pray for less of me and my weaknesses so that HE can fill and lead our family. Devotional: Live Fully in the moment. While it is easy to love a sleeping, snuggling, cooing baby. Kisses on warm fuzzy heads & velvet skin. Chubby little fingers, toes and thighs. That breathtaking love so deep that our hearts hurt as they sigh and find utter fulfillment resting on our chests.

Teen Driver

My blood pressure is surely thru the roof!  We have a new teen driver.  An overly confident boy who has been, "driving for years." I reminded him that while he is doing a fantastic job the majority of the time, the lawn mower and the occasional farm truck during hay season does not a professional driver make.   I ran errands with him today for almost 2 hours.  And while I never let out a screen or grabbed the "oh crap!" bar, I can confidently say that my nerves can only handle the 1st hour.